When I was planning my daughter’s room I knew I wanted to add a few things that I made myself, but since I really didn’t have the patience during my pregnancy to make something big like a blanket I decided to craft a few smaller items. One of those is the embroidered heart featured above, which came from an idea I saw here.
What you need:
- Embroidery floss
- Needle (I recommend investing in a tool to thread the needle as you will be threading a lot)
- Printed design
- Scotch tape
How I made it:
- Paint the canvas the color of your choice
- Print out your design in the size you want and tape it to your canvas
- Using a split stitch (video here) outline your design (I’ve never embroidered in my life and found this easy). Then once you’ve finished, the paper you taped to your canvas will be perforated and will easily tear away from the canvas.
- Using a satin stitch (video here) fill in your heart
- Add a cute message on the back
I found it to be an easy project that I can see myself doing again with another design, possibly a monogram.