After coming off of our summer vacation and eating 24/7 I’ve decided to do a little detox.
Here’s today’s lunch for me and for my 10 month old.
Mine: carrots (raw), avocado, chickpeas, beets, hummus and lentils with a Dijon vinaigrette.
Hers: carrots (cooked), avocado, beets, hummus, and a small piece of ham. A banana for dessert.
When I was planning my daughter’s room I knew I wanted to add a few things that I made myself, but since I really didn’t have the patience during my pregnancy to make something big like a blanket I decided to craft a few smaller items. One of those is the embroidered heart featured above, which came from an idea I saw here.
What you need:
- Embroidery floss
- Needle (I recommend investing in a tool to thread the needle as you will be threading a lot)
- Printed design
- Scotch tape
How I made it:
- Paint the canvas the color of your choice
- Print out your design in the size you want and tape it to your canvas
- Using a split stitch (video here) outline your design (I’ve never embroidered in my life and found this easy). Then once you’ve finished, the paper you taped to your canvas will be perforated and will easily tear away from the canvas.
- Using a satin stitch (video here) fill in your heart
- Add a cute message on the back
I found it to be an easy project that I can see myself doing again with another design, possibly a monogram.
We welcomed our baby girl into the world just a little over a month ago and this is how we announced it. We wanted it to be something different and out of the ordinary in terms of your average baby announcement. So, after seeing the idea here I had my talented friend Charlie get to work creating our unique card. Since we didn’t include an actual photo of Victoria we directed people to my blog where people could see not just one, but many photos of her. We couldn’t be happier!
As my delivery date approaches, I decided to create a quick little series of thank you cards as I’m sure I’ll have a lot to be thankful for upon our little girl’s arrival. These are made with simple heart punches, gold foil lettering, and the bear is from a set of baby buttons.
I created the onesie with some adhesive fabric and added embroidered French knots. The diaper was created with this template.