I absolutely love a good banana bread, scratch that, I love any bread-like pastry! This recipe is not only delicious, but it is relatively good for you too. I actually mixed a few different recipes to come up with this one.
Low-Fat Chocolate Banana Bread
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 45 minutes
Makes 8 mini bread loafs or one 9×5 inch loaf pan
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar free applesauce
3/4 cup honey
2 eggs, beaten
3 mashed overripe bananas
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 ounces of dark chocolate, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Spray the loaf tins with cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together applesauce and honey. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Add vanilla.
5. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten.
6. Melt chocolate in a double boiler (sit a small bowl over boiling water)
7. Pour some of the banana batter (1 cup) into the chocolate.
8. Pour some of the reserved banana batter into the tin, then add a bit of the chocolate/banana batter, then another layer of banana mixture
9. Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
Packaged with a petite fork attached with some washi tape and topped off with anther loaf tin makes for the perfect picnic dessert.